One Call Mortgage Hub Privacy and Data Policy
Please take a few minutes to read this information carefully as it contains important information about how One Call Mortgage Hub Limited will process and store your information.
You should show this notice to anyone whose personal information you provide to One Call Mortgage Hub Limited. You must ensure that any such information you supply relating to anyone else is accurate and that you have obtained their consent to the use of their data for the purposes set out above.
Section 1 – Who we are:
In this Privacy Notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to One Call Mortgage Hub Limited. You can ask for further information about our use of your personal information, by contacting our Data Protection Officer either at [email protected] or by post at One Call Mortgage Hub Limited, First Point, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster, DN4 5JQ. Please include your policy number, reference number, postcode to allow us to locate your file.
One Call Mortgage Hub Limited is a joint data controller and is a UK registered company; authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and operates from the registered business address as noted above.
All personal information provided by you is held securely and in confidence by us in our computerised system and other records. When we process your personal information we do so in a lawful and fair way and in compliance with the terms of the regulations. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data. We use leading technologies to protect the security of your data.
Section 2 – How we receive your information:
We may receive information about you from any of the following sources:
- directly from you or from someone you have authorised to deal with a file on your behalf;
- publicly available sources of information, such as social media and networking sites; and
- One Call Insurance Services Limited if you have given prior consent.
Section 3 – Information we collect
In order for us to provide our services to you and to manage those services, we will ask you to share your personal information with us. The information we collect about you varies depending on the product used and your requirements. We may collect:
- personal information about you such as your name, address, contact details and date of birth;
- all other personal information that is provided to us when completing an application for a mortgage or insurance quote for any policy;
- any special categories of data, e.g. information about to your health and/or ethnic origin– please see the “Special Categories” information below;
- financial details, such as bank account and card details and/or national insurance number;
- details of any adverse financial history such as county court judgements (CCJs); and
- information about your use of our website such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying your computer.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way
Some of the personal information we ask you to provide may be sensitive (special category) as defined in the legislation, e.g. you may have to give us information about your medical history and/or ethnic origin. With life insurance, we are allowed under the legislation to collect such information for specified “insurance purposes” without your specific consent but it will only be used for the purposes set out in section 5.
When processing sensitive data on a mortgage/re-mortgage application, you will be asked if you provide us with consent to process this information.
Section 4 – How long will we keep your data on record?
If you have a life insurance policy with us, your data will be held on record for 5 years from the expiry, cancellation or lapse of your policy or mortgage. Your data is held for the purposes for which it was collected originally. It will also be stored in order to assist the insurer in the establishment, exercise or defence of any legal claims.
If you have obtained a mortgage or re-mortgage through us, your data will be held on record for 5 years from the date of collection. Your data is held for the purposes for which it was collected originally and to enable us to meet our regulatory record keeping obligations regarding evidencing suitability of our advice.
If you have not purchased a life insurance policy or mortgage with us but you have had a quotation, your data will be held on record for 5 years for fraud and crime prevention purposes. This will allow us to monitor if the information has changed on a quotation to fraudulently obtain a lower premium. It also allows us to see if your details have been used fraudulently. Your personal data will be deleted from our systems after this period.
Section 5 – Why we collect information and how it’s used
The collection and use of information (also known as processing) such as your name, address, date of birth, who you would like to insure and medical conditions are necessary to provide you with an insurance quotation, an insurance contract and or a mortgage/re-mortgage quotation. We also process information based on consent (if given), legal obligations and for the purposes of legitimate interest.
Our assessment of your insurance application may involve an automated decision or profiling to determine whether we are able to provide a quotation and/or the price. If you object to an automated decision or profiling that is required to determine your insurance premium, then we will be unable to provide you with an insurance quotation, amendment or renewal.
We also collect information for the following reasons:
- assessing your application and arranging your life insurance policy;
- assessing any mortgage/re-mortgage application and arranging this;
- to take payments and arrange premium finance if required;
- managing your life insurance policy including changes claims assistance and issuing policy documentation to you;
- keeping you up to date with any important information;
- keeping records about you and our correspondence with you as well as your current and past insurance policies, history of insurance claims and/or mortgage applications;
- preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime and anti-money-laundering;
- carrying out statistical and trend research and analysis which may include computerised processes which profile you. This is to better understand, predict and forecast our customer’s or prospective customer’s preferences and to improve the products and services we offer;
- in order to recover any outstanding debts owed to us; and
- recording calls for training and monitoring purposes, to improve the quality of our service, to help us deal with queries or complaints from you and to prevent and detect fraud and financial crime. We may also use CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes.
Section 6 – Who we might share your information with:
We may share your personal information with:
- the mortgage company that you enter into a contract with;
- organisations that have a specific role laid out in law such as statutory bodies, regulatory authorities, auditors, ombudsman and other authorised bodies;
- other organisations where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. if we received a valid request from the police or other third party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime);
- credit reference agencies to check your credit history. This check will be recorded on your credit reference file without affecting your ability to apply for credit or other financial products;
- other third parties if you have given us your permission to do so or there is sufficient reason to believe they are acting on your behalf;
- Facebook for audience matching purposes. Your data is only used by Facebook to understand your likes and interests so they can direct marketing to others with similar likes and interests. Once they have matched the information, they delete your data. High security and encryption measures are in place when sharing any data.
Section 7 – Your rights and access to your information:
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, these include the right to:
- ask for access to and a copy of your personal information, this is also known as subject access. Please see the “Subject Access” section for more information;
- ask us to correct the personal information;
- ask us to delete the personal information. Please see the “Deleting Data” section for more information;
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information;
- ask us to object to the use of your personal information;
- where you have previously given us your consent to use your personal information, withdraw that consent;
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk; and
- object to an automated decision including profiling.
To request a copy of your data please email us at [email protected] or write to us at DPO, One Call Mortgage Hub, First Point, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster, DN4 5JQ. Please include your policy number, reference number or postcode to allow us to locate your file.
We will respond to your request within 30 days. If the request is complex or if it requires access to a large amount of information, we may extend this by up to 2 months. We will notify you in these cases.
We will provide this information free of charge unless your requests are unfounded or excessive. In these cases,
You have the right to request your data to be removed from our systems. This right only applies in certain circumstances. We may refuse your request if:
- we need your information for the purposes of a contract;
- we have a legal obligation to keep your information.
Section 8 – Direct marketing:
You will have been given the opportunity to opt into marketing to allow One Call Mortgage Hub to contact you by post, email, text or phone from time to time to discuss insurance or mortgage products. We will typically ask for this permission when you first contact us.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing correspondence of any kind, you can let us know at any time by writing to us, or by emailing [email protected]. Please include your policy number, reference number, registration number or postcode to allow us to locate your file.
We do not sell or pass on your details to any third parties for the purpose of marketing their own products or services unless you have given us prior explicit consent.
Section 9 – Important information
Please note that if you give us false or inaccurate information it may invalidate your insurance policy. If any information we hold is inaccurate please contact us to update your personal data.
Links to third party web sites on the site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the One Call Mortgage Hub site. One Call Mortgage Hub Limited has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy statement. Thus, One Call Mortgage Hub does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk.